
I've been swapping recipes with one of my hometown friends, Katherine (who is an actual chef, and whose culinary skills make me feel like I'm cooking with an Easy Bake Oven!). She graciously gave me her recipe for corn casserole, and I sent her my version of upside-down peach cobbler. Last night, I cooked both of our recipes. Each dish was delicious, as evidenced by how quickly Chip inhaled both, and the 20 times he informed me, "baby, this is awesome!" Success!
On a less successful note, no word from the coffee shop. Slightly agitated, as I was told I would receive a call "by Wednesday." It's now Thursday. Get on it, folks! I feel guilty for not working, but even more guilty for enjoying the lack of working. Can't get lazy. Plus, mama wants some new clothes ;)
**Update! Called the coffee shop, only to find out that the manager had not even submitted my resume to her supervisor, even though she declared that she would do so last Thursday. Sigh. If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. Except for in this case, I can't do it myself. Oh well, maybe this is a sign that I'm not meant to be in control of anything except for menial personal decisions (ha!).
(photo courtesy of Katherine Landreth)
No comments:
Post a Comment