Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just do it!

2009 was a pretty significant year for me.

- I relocated to Georgia to be with the most awesome man in the world...

- I closed the chapter on a less-than-desirable work situation, and was blessed with a great job, working with wonderful people...

- I have stepped out in faith more times than I can count, from everything from friendships, finances, employment, to personal style and unexplored frontiers...

Not to say that these adventures were easy - most were the opposite - but they were all worth the struggle. The best way to become your own best friend is to strip away all the layers until there's nothing but bare-bones YOU. Gone are the comfort-zone friends, family members, and complacent attitudes. You're forced to deal with all of your insecurities, doubts, and fears. You may not conquer them all at once, but when you look things dead in the eye, they seem much more conquerable.

So, here's to 2010: the year of life-changing actions and decisions.

Not just for me, but for my dear friends. You know who you are, and know that I am walking with you, hand-in-hand, on our journey through life. We can do all things with God's strength and guidance, so let's focus our prayers and minds on our goals.

Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment